The Department of Law, Fairbanks District Attorney’s Office is recruiting for a Law Office Assistant I.
This is a legal secretary position that provides, under direction, full-proficiency clerical support to attorneys engaged in criminal prosecution.
This position offers a diverse work environment in a dynamic, fast paced, team oriented setting that is responsible for ensuring the prosecution of those charged with criminal actions.
This position requires an incumbent who is energetic, flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Proficiency with MS Office Software
- Typing and formatting a variety of legal documents, basic correspondence and memos;
- Organizing and updating files;
- Entering and receiving information from an electronic database, quickly and accurately;
- Utilizing an electronic database to open, maintain and close files;
- General clerical duties to include: typing, filing, photocopying, faxing, scanning;
- Operation of routine office equipment to include: computers, multi-function copiers, printers.
We are looking to hire for the following demonstrated strengths:
- Experience performing a variety of clerical functions;
- Typing and formatting a variety of legal documents, includes developed in proofreading and editing skills;
- Experience dealing with high-priority, confidential and sensitive information;
- Experience entering data into a database, quickly and accurately;
- Ability to multi-task, in a fast paced environment, with frequent interruptions while remaining calm, organized and accurate;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- An open and flexible approach to developing new knowledge and skills;
- Ability to be adaptable under pressure;
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to use logical thinking and problem solving skills, in an appropriate manner and with appropriate judgment;
Our ideal candidate will have a legal secretarial background and experience.
We offer a dynamic team centered and professional working environment with an emphasis on exceptional client service along with the following starting benefit package:
• Health insurance, which includes employer contributions toward medical/vision/dental.
• Employer paid $2000 Basic Life insurance with additional coverage available.
• Optional long and short-term disability plans.
• Optional dependent and health care flexible spending accounts.
• Retirement programs with a wide variety of investment options.
• Vacation leave of 15 hours per month with an accrual rate increase based on time served.
• 11 paid holidays.
For more information regarding these benefits, please review the following web site: