Veterans'/National Guard Preference
Are you a veteran or a member of the Alaska National Guard? If not, proceed to the Optional State of Alaska Equal Employment Opportunity Questionnaire below
|Are you a veteran who served on active duty (not active duty for training) in the United States Armed Forces and did you receive an honorable or general discharge?|
Did you serve during a war?
Under Title 5 Section 2108 of the United States Code the following time periods are considered periods of war:
- World War I: Between April 6, 1917, and November 11, 1918, inclusive, unless service was with the United States military forces in Russia, then the ending date is April 1, 1920. Service after November 11, 1918, and before July 2, 1921, is considered World War I service if time was served in the active military, naval, or air service after April 5, 1917, and before November 12, 1918;
- World War II: Between December 7, 1941, and December 31, 1946. If in service on December 31, 1946, continuous service before July 26, 1947, is also considered World War II service.
Did you serve during the period beginning April 28, 1952, and ending July 1, 1955?
Did you serve for more than 180 consecutive days, any part of which occurred during the following periods:
- after November 11, 1918, and before December 2, 1919;
- after September 15, 1940, and before December 7, 1941;
- after December 31, 1946, and before January 1, 1948;
- after June 26, 1950, and before April 28, 1952;
- after January 31, 1955, and before October 15, 1976; or
- in the Alaska Territorial Guard?
Did you serve during the Gulf War period beginning August 2, 1990, and ending January 2, 1992? AND If you originally enlisted after September 7, 1980, or entered on active duty on or after October 14, 1982, without having previously completed 24 months of continuous active duty, did you serve continuously for 24 months or the full period called or ordered to active duty?
Were you awarded a campaign or expedition medal or an award or decoration for heroism or gallantry in action? AND If you originally enlisted after September 7, 1980, or entered on active duty on or after October 14, 1982, without having previously completed 24 months of continuous active duty, did you serve continuously for more than 180 days or the full period called or ordered to active duty?
|Are you currently a member of the Alaska National Guard and have you served for eight (8) years or longer?|
|Disabled veteran? |
Are you entitled to disability compensation, disability retirement benefits, or disability pension under laws administered by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs or a military department?
Were you honorably discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability or have you established the present existence of a service-connected disability?
Were you disabled in the line of duty while serving in the Alaska Territorial Guard?
Were you a prisoner of war during a declared war or other conflict as determined by the Department of Defense under federal regulations?
Were you honorably discharged and awarded the Purple Heart?